When I met my wife, she introduced me to her dog, Nemo. "We come as a package," she said.
There's something I've learned from Nemo that I call The Wisdom of Dogs. It's to do with an unspoken friendship, a shared joy, the preciousness of time. I try to capture a sense of this in my photographs.
"A lot of things can happen to a dog and they’ll still turn to the next person and give it a shot." Alexandra Horowitz
I often photograph older dogs and I'm always touched by way their eyes are as bright as a puppy's. A photograph of an older dog is a wonderfully thoughtful gift for the person who has everything.
How It Works
- A lively and fun photo session long enough (up to 2 hours) to get your person or pet comfortable with the camera and explore his or her personality in depth. A fun time will be had by all, with you at the center of attention.
- One 10½ x 8” print.
- $70 for one 10½ x 8” prints (8” prints if square.)
- $250 for one 12½ x 18½” print (12½” print if square.)
- $350 for one 16 x 23” print (16” print if square.)
- Reprints are half price.
- Doghouse Photos pet portraits usually take about an hour. Because these sessions are fun for all, we play it by ear, stopping when you've had enough or we're confident we've got a nice range of personality-rich photos.
- Your previews will be ready for viewing in a couple of days, and after you've selected your favorites, you can pick up your finished prints about two weeks later.
- The aim is to produce a beautiful, large image of your pet. Because your pet will often appear larger than in real life, details really show, so it might be a good idea to give your pet a bath before their photo session.
- Please bring along your pet’s favorite toy and some treats.